Scrutiny (Noun): The careful and detailed examination of something
- Synonyms: Perusal, Audit, Probe, Inquisition, Exploration, Inspection
- Antonyms: Glimpse, Glance, Cursory Look, Peep, Scan
- Example: ‘If you want to fly on an airplane, you should be prepared to deal with scrutiny from the airline personnel.
Conciliatory (adjective): Intended to gain goodwill or favor or to reduce hostility.
- Synonyms: Propitiatory, Placatory, Mollifying, Irenic, Appeasing
- Antonyms: Antagonizing,Antipathetic, Hostile, Inhospitable, Inimical, Unfriendly
- Example: The United Nations has a conciliatory role in handling disputes between countries.
Rationale (noun): A set of reasons or a logical basis for a course of action or belief.
- Synonyms: Reason, Justification, Logic, Sense
- Antonyms: Nonsensicalness, Unreasonableness, Senselessness, Illogic
- Example: The judge asked the young man to explain his rationale for stealing a police car.
Gamut (Noun): the complete range or scope of something.
- Synonyms: spectrum, scale, series
- Antonyms: individual, angle
- Example: College life opened up a whole gamut of new experiences.
Frenzied (Adjective): wildly excited or uncontrolled.
- Synonyms: furious, violent, insane
- Antonyms: calm, peaceful, tranquil
- Example: The man was hit to death in a frenzied attack.